502 West Euclid Ave**
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Arlington High School in Arlington Heights, Illinois opened in 1922 as the first high school of Township High School District 214. The original name for Arlington High School was Arlington Heights Township High School.
Facebook/AHSCARDINALS (official Facebook)
Facebook.com/groups/ArlingtonCardinals (Official Closed Group)
A peak enrollment of 19,823 students for Township District 214 occurred in 1976 after a total of eight high schools were built. At the time, four high schools existed in Arlington Heights: Arlington, Forest View, John Hersey, and St. Viator.
After facing a steep decline in enrollment, District 214 decided two high schools would have to be closed. A contentious debate followed, as each community wanted to keep their local high school open. Arlington, partly because it was considered the oldest and the most costly to update, was closed in 1984 with the District 214 student enrollment declining to 13,742. Forest View High School was closed in 1986 with the school district enrollment declining to 12,447.
The school mascot is The Cardinal.
The school colors were red and white.
The school newspaper was The Cardinal
(modernized to a local online newspaper)
The school yearbook was HEIGHTS
* Group page is open only to Arlington High School Students, Teachers and Graduates.
** Former address; now the home of Christian Liberty Academy
School Facebook pages are
official Facebook pages of
they are not official pages of Township
High School District 214
or any of the respective high schools.
FIND ARLINGTON HIGH SCHOOL
FRIENDS on Facebook ...
More Class Facebook Pages or Facebook Groups ...
facebook.com/groups/arlingtonhighschoolclassof1984 (closed group)
facebook.com/groups/Arlington1976 (closed group)